This past weekend, I was able to go to Barcelona, Spain... and boy was it fun! This was my favorite trip so far... probably because of all the dancing we did! My roommate Kim and I got up early Friday morning to catch our train to the beautiful city of Barcelona! It was a long day of traveling on the train... but finally, we arrived! It was really awesome, because Kim's boyfriend is studying there, so he came and picked us up from the train station... and we were able to stay at his place because his roommates were gone! YAY!!! So much money saved, because we didn't have to spend money on a silly hostel!!! When we got there, we showered and got ready to go dancing at the clubs! Clubs are a big thing in Barcelona, and it was an absolute BLAST!!! We got in quite late, and were exhausted from traveling and dancing!!! The next morning, we slept in... then finally got up and went to do some sight seeing! Kim's boyfriend, Ian, took us to an awesome viewpoint of the city! We took a cute trolly ride half way up the mountain... and then got on a cable-car type thing, and road the rest of the way to the top! It was a little disappointing, because it was REALLY cloudy up there, so you couldn't see a whole lot... but on the way up, we were able to see the whole city!!! It was awesome! At the top of the mountain, there was a beautiful church, and an amusement park.... very odd to have an amusement park up there, but it was really cool! We didn't ride any of the rides... although, if it was not so chilly up there, and cloudy, we probably would have! We did go into the church, only to discover that there was a wedding going on!!! OOOPPPSSYYY!!! Luckily, we weren't the only ones who walked in on the wedding... and it was really weird, because it was a museum type church, so we were allowed to be in there... veryyy weird!!! The church was really beautiful though... so I could see why a couple would want to marry in it! After exploring the mountain... we headed back down the mountain! Our next destination... was a bar where we could watch the college football games!!! I was alllll about that!!! On the way... they showed me a few of the different streets, and the districts of Barcelona, which was really cool! We also got the traditional food called Tapas... which is essentially appetizers! They were awesome! After the college game... we headed back to go out dancing again! We decided to try two different clubs this time... and both were SUPER fun!!! The first club, the DJ was a lot better, but it was all fun nonetheless!!! We got in late, once again... and I instantly went to bed, as I had an early train to catch! I woke up quite early to get to the train station! It was realllllyyy different though because at this train station, they made you go through security... and your ticket was checked BEFORE you got on the train... I have NEVER had to show my ticket before boarding the train... nor have I ever gone through ANY type of security at ANY train station thus far.... so it caught me a little off guard! The train ride back consisted of me mostly sleeping! It was lovely to see all the scenery when I was falling asleep! One very weird thing I noticed on the way back (which I didn't on the way, because it was dark...) was that somewhere between the border of Spain, and the city of Montpollier, the train track goes LITERALLY through the middle of a swamp!!! I woke up and I couldn't even see the land under us... it was SOOOO weird!!! My trip to Barcelona was short... but LOADED with fun fun funnn!!! I loved it there, and would go back in a heart beat!!! Next time, I hope to attend a soccer game... that would be SUPER cool!!!
I will be posting often, as soooo many fun trips are planned until the end of the semester!!!
Love to alllll of my friends and family!!! Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment